Why Join TWNA?
· Meet and network with others in the field. Relationships with
other journalists and PR people can provide inspiration, insight, friendships
and even jobs; make journalists' reporting job easier; and help PR types
get the word out about their products and services.
· Establish better relationships and improve communication between journalists and public relations professionals, both on an individual and group basis. For instance, TWNA has developed press event and digital file guidelines for PR representatives, based on truck journalist input.
· Contribute to the improvement of the specialized field that is trucking journalism.
· Help promote a positive image of the trucking industry. Alert TWNA directors to good or bad press, and we'll send the publication kudos or attempt to educate them about the industry. Through our web site, we hope to help educate non-trucking press about the industry and guide reporters to TWNA members as sources. In the works: presentation materials to help members in talks to community, schools, civic groups, etc.
· Be a part of recognizing the best of each year's product advances: volunteer for the Technical Achievement Award Committee.
· The Dispatch, TWNA's official newsletter, offers not only information about association happenings, but also updates on trucking and journalism issues and a touch of humor to lighten the load.
How Much Does It Cost?
Press - Individual - Non-Transferable $50.00
Associate Non-Profit/Retired - (Non-Business Use Only) $65.00
Associate Business - Single Member, Transferable $150.00
Corporate (Press or Associate) - Entire Staff, One Location $500.00